Cinnamon Peach Enchiladas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and cinnamon; let stand for 5 minutes. Spritz tortillas with butter-flavored spray.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook tortillas over medium heat until warmed and lightly browned on both sides. Fill each with about 3/4 cup peaches and roll up. Cut in half to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2011
I found this recipe in "The NEW Comfort Food Diet Cookbook". I modified it a little for wintertime use by using Splenda-sweetened canned peaches. I actually microwaved them for a few seconds with the cinnamon and served this with a half-serving (1/4 cup) of reduced-fat vanilla ice cream. This is a new favorite dessert that I have already made twice! It tastes like a fancy restaurant dessert, but you can fit it into just about any healthy eating or weight-loss plan. For me, finding healthy, delicious treats like this one help me stay on track and not feel like eating in a healthy manner is depriving me of anything!