Cinnamon Peach Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add egg and butter; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Jan 9, 2014
This was quick but it is true that the topping was almost like pie filling or even like dumplings because of the egg. I actually used it but...I added 3/4 c rolled oats instead of the flour and I didn't add an egg. We like lots of brown sugar here so I did add another couple tbsp to the topping. The topping was crispy and the fruit was warm and yummy. Good.
Aug 11, 2013
This is sooo good -- if you do the 'crisp' differently. Mix the flour, sugar (and I use 1/2 and 1/2 brown and white sugars) and baling powder, then add the egg and toss with a fork. Sprinkle the topping over the peaches, then drizzle the melted butter over the topping. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on that before baking. You'll love the 'crisp' made this way!
Jul 18, 2008
My family really liked this dish. When I made it, I mixed the flour, sugar and baking powder in the food processor. Then, I added the lightly beaten egg and the melted butter. I processed for a few seconds and had wonderful crumbles. 'Course, I had to wash the food processor, but I know the fp did a better job than I would!Diane
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.