Cinnamon Pastry Wedges
Pie crust is turned into a treat of its own in this simple recipe from Debra Benjamin of New Plymouth, Idaho. She notes, "Kids of all ages love these delightfully seasoned flaky wedges."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Divide pastry in half and roll each half into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to two ungreased 12-in. pizza pans. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, score pastry into wedges (do not cut through). Brush one pastry with butter and the other with honey. Combine the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Combine pecans and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over honey. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cut along scored lines; immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 205 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Pastry Wedges in Taste of Home August/September 1998