Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 13 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups shortening
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool
Nutrition Facts2 each: 158 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 15, 2012
Excellent oatmeal cookies! Made some with raisins and some with chocolate chips.Needed cookies for a bake sale but I'm going to have to save some for myself!
Feb 6, 2012
A bit too sweet for my taste although I typically love the super sweet stuff. Not enough oatmeal flavor and way too much work for the outcome. Perhaps adding raisins would have made them better but I did not have any on hand. They were not a hit at my party only a couple of people ate one and they did not make any comments regarding the taste. But they raved about other things so I sent the huge amount of left overs to work with my husband hoping his co-workers would eat them.
Oct 29, 2011
easy and YUMMY!
Apr 16, 2010
I usually don't like oatmeal cookies but these were one of the best cookies I have ever eaten. Everyone loved them!!
Jul 14, 2009
Mmmmmm good! The best tasting oatmeal cookies I've made. I used butter-flavored shortening and chilled the dough for 60 minutes. Next time, I plan to add a cup of milk chocolate chips.
Jul 5, 2009
Wonderfully delicious cookies! I halved the recipe and added raisins. They are melt in your mouth good. Family ate them quickly.