Cinnamon Nut Twists Recipe
These tender treats shared by Mary Van Domelen of Appleton, Wisconsin are good with coffee. The golden twists have a pleasant cinnamon and nut filling and just a hint of sweetness.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Unroll both tubes of dough; press perforations and seams together to form two rectangles. Spread with margarine. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts. Fold each rectangle in half, starting from a short side. Cut each into eight strips. Twist each strip and tie into knot. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 139 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Nut Twists
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC