Cinnamon Nut Twists
These tender treats shared by Mary Van Domelen of Appleton, Wisconsin are good with coffee. The golden twists have a pleasant cinnamon and nut filling and just a hint of sweetness.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Unroll both tubes of dough; press perforations and seams together to form two rectangles. Spread with margarine. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts. Fold each rectangle in half, starting from a short side. Cut each into eight strips. Twist each strip and tie into knot. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 139 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cinnamon Nut Twists in Quick Cooking November/December 2001