Cinnamon Nut Loaf
Lois also uses her bread mix to create this beautiful breakfast loaf swirled with cinnamon and nuts and topped with a sweet and simple icing. -Lois Fleming, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups Shortcut Bread Mix
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup bread mix and yeast. Add water, egg and 2 tablespoons butter; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining bread mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18x8-in. rectangle. Brush with remaining butter. Combine sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a sort side; seal edges. Place seam side down in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Place a heat-proof bowl on work surface; fill half full with boiling water. Cover bowl with a baking sheet. Place loaf pan on baking sheet; cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over loaf.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cinnamon Nut Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 1999