- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in butter, eggs, milk and vanilla; set aside. Combine all topping ingredients. Spread half the batter into a greased 12-in. x 8-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the topping. Carefully spread remaining batter over topping, then sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forCinnamon Nut Coffee Cake
"For such simple ingredients, this recipe makes a great coffee cake."
"Excellent! A new favorite!!"
"I have made this several times. It reminds me of one my mother made when I was a child. This is the closest I have ever found and just love it."
"Made this for brunch and served it right out of the oven. The whole family raved about how delicious this cake is and want it again. Excellent recipeLisa Hein"