- 4 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces; shape into balls. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each ball in cinnamon-sugar. Arrange evenly in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Combine butter and brown sugar; pour over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting bread onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forCinnamon Monkey Bread
"This is the perfect monkey bread recipe. My family loved it. I made a butter, powdered sugar and milk glaze to drizzle over. It is sweet but it is supposed to be sweet. I will make again and again."
"I wanted to try this, but I had only one tube of rolls. I made this with one tube and baked it in a loaf pan. I did not use the brown sugar topping, though. The bread was good, but next time I will try a very light topping of the brown sugar and cinnamon. This is a good recipe."
"4 stars from me 2-3 stars from my family. Too sweet...next time I'll use less of the cinnamon sugar"
"I am so excited to serve this tonight. I love Monkey bread, but I've never made it before, so I was so nervous that it would all stick to my pan and be a big disaster. I bought 1 lb. containers and used two of them...hoping it was enough. It came out just beautifully. 2 lb. is the perfect amount. Thank you so much."
"I cut the recipe in half and baked it in a loaf pan and it still turned out great! I wouldn't put the remaining cinnamon sugar over top when I make it again though. It was a bit too sweet for my liking, but still a big hit in our house!"
"I didn't read ahead about how many tubes of biscuits I would need, so I had to modify this accordingly! I made a quarter of the original recipe and in place of the fluted tube pan, I used a doughnut pan...which resulted in 11 monkey bread doughnuts for the one tube of biscuits I had. My kids loved it - and I loved the individual portions!"
"Delicious, can't wait to make with my grandchildren next time they are here!"
"Delicious! I like to microwave a container of cream cheese frosting to drizzle over the rolls when they come out of the oven."