What's not to love about this decadent ice cream treat from Diane Neibling of Overland Park, Kansas? Coffee, chocolate, whipped cream and cashews are a winning combination!
Recommended: 25 Cool Ice Cream Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee ice cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream
- 2 tablespoons salted cashews
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1/4 cup cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon ice cream into two dessert dishes. Top with sauce and whipped cream; sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Mocha Sundaes in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p49