Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice. Combine the egg, milk and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into greased or paper-lined mini muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until muffins test done. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush the tops of warm muffins with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 94 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 27, 2012
Very bland, just tastes like kind of spiced flour. I would add cinnamon chips, or vanilla or something if I made them again. They really need some flavor!
Feb 6, 2012
Just the basic muffin recipe I needed. I made them regular size (adjusted the baking time). I didn't use the topping, but instead served them with orange marmalade. Delicious and quick to make.
Oct 16, 2011
Pretty Good. Needs something more on top. Maybe a struesel of some kind.
Mar 7, 2010
The tops came out perfectly rounded! I also got about 40 muffins out of the recipe instead of 2 dozen. Very easy recipe with ingredients you probably have on hand.
Mar 29, 2009
where is the nutritional information?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.