Cinnamon Mini Muffins and Cinnamon Butter
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen (1/2 cup butter)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Additional sugar
- CINNAMON BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter and cinnamon until fluffy. Spoon into a 1/2-cup serving dish; smooth top. Serve with muffins.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2015
Nov 5, 2014
Make with vintage cinnamon and spices
Dec 31, 2011
I have been making these muffins since Christmas of '97 when they first appeared in the Country Living magazine. These are my family's favorite muffins. Not too sweet and easy to make a batch...or two for a quick Saturday morning breakfast.
Nov 21, 2011
Great Sunday Morning before Church treat!