Explains Erin Phillips of Akron, Ohio, "When I get a craving for a light, wholesome snack, I mix up a batch of this granola. I love the sweetness of the coconut and maple syrup and the crunchy nuts.
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, combine the oats, walnuts and coconut; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine syrups and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 275° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Cinnamon Maple Granola in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p64
Reviews forCinnamon Maple Granola
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2011
"Great recipe. I love it by itself or on top of yogurt."