Since he was old enough to pull up a chair and help his dad in the kitchen, my son, Jory, has been interested in cooking. In fact, these fluffy pancakes are his own creation.—Deborah Doug and Jory Hilpipre, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Combine eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 297 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Hotcakes in Taste of Home February/March 2002
Mar 8, 2011
Delicious hotcakes and very easy to make. Mine didn't turn out that "fluffy" but will experiment again as I could have over mixedthe batter. Regardless the hotcakes werea hit!