Although it's meant for breakfast, my family eats this crunchy cereal by the handful all day long.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup unsalted whole nuts
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook honey and oil for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in raisins. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 373 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Granola in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.