Gingersnaps embody the tastes and smells of the season. Enjoy cloves, cinnamon and ginger blended into one delicious cookie. —Pam Bodley, Stevensville, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.