Gingersnaps embody the tastes and smells of the season. Enjoy cloves, cinnamon and ginger blended into one delicious cookie. —Pam Bodley, Stevensville, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers.
Originally published as Cinnamon Gingersnaps in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.