Cinnamon Fruit Salad
Cinnamon in the dressing on this refreshing fruit salad brings a holiday touch to breakfast or brunch. The recipe is suggested by field editor Nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and halved
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 6 seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup nonfat orange or vanilla yogurt
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine fruit and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, sweetener and cinnamon; mix well. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 63 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Cinnamon Fruit Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2000