- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 10 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip top and sides of biscuits in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a deep indentation in the center of each biscuit; fill with 1 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving (preserves will be hot). Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forCinnamon Fruit Biscuits
"haven't made these yet. How well do these store and do they have to be stored in ref?"
"Love, Love Love!!!!!! I made them twice, first time as written..Mmmm. Second time, I mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract and placed a small dollop underneath the strawberry preserves...OMG!! Next time, I will use cherry and blueberry preserves/jam."
"These are so easy to make with ingredients most of us have. I did use abut 1/2 tsp of cream cheese before I topped with strawberry preserves. Very tasty. My husband loved them. So definitely will make these again."
"I think this is a great base recipe. I did some biscuits exactly as written, but others I substituted different ingredients in. For one I put in pieces of chocolate, on another I did a layer of cream cheese, then the strawberry preserves. I haven't tried the chocolate one yet, but the cream cheese and strawberry was VERY good. I'll be using this recipe again in the future, especially if I have leftover biscuits!"
"My husband is not a biscuit person. These are so delicious that he ate two of them. So easy and very yummy. Will be making these again."
"I substituted cardamom for the cinnamon and used orange marmalade in place of the strawberry preserves. They looked, smelled, and tasted wonderful. I will definitely make these again."
"Kids loved them! Preserves melted and ran all over."
"I used cherry preserves!! Yum! Will definately make again"
"Excellent for breakfast on Sunday Mornings! I use Pillsbury Grands and Strawberry/Blackberry Jam! My family loves them!"