- 2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, water, syrup, butter and cinnamon. Pour batter into a plastic squirt bottle. Squeeze batter into desired letters and shapes onto a greased hot griddle. When underside is browned, turn pancakes and cook until second side is golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with flapjacks.
2 pancakes with 3 tablespoons syrup: 501 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 1032mg sodium, 106g carbohydrate (62g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
May 31, 2016
These were fun to make. We used metal cookie cutters to make different shapes. My kids loved it!
Jun 12, 2012
My Mother made tiny animal pancakes for our family from 1942 until 1999 - when she left us! My Brother's male friends came to visit - and happily accepted plates full of chicken 'peeps', teddy bears, rabbits, silver dollars, and initials + birthday numerals and candles! All these were 'free -handmade' pancakes. She would create her own 'homemade' Cherry or Maple Syrup! Each young man had the girl he married come to see Mother, in-order-to get the recipes and training on 'How-to-make'. These guys all still enjoy these recipes. I have been reminded that she also made creamed ground beef, pork sausage, dried beef, and my personal favorite 'chopped hard boiled eggs'. Mom could turn any hour of the day into a pancake festival! These "Cinnamon Flapjacks' definitely remind me of this family memory! YUMMO!!!!!
Jun 11, 2012
easy to make. I like that you don't need a template or 'guide' for the letters. Just an easy to use squirt bottle.
Jun 6, 2012
We only use all-natural pure maple syrup on pancakes and waffles--much healthier!
Jun 6, 2012
Would like to make these pancakes but how do you make a template for the letters and heart?