Cinnamon Crunch Triangles
Adding a little sugar and spice to yuletide is as easy as this recipe. For delivery, wrap the treats in red and green cellophane and stack in a tin or a trimmed-up gift bag.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 12 whole cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Arrange graham crackers in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking, without stirring, for 3 minutes. Slowly pour over crackers.
- Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely. Cut into 2-in. squares, then cut each square in half to form triangles. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 146 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Crunch Triangles in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.