Cinnamon Crunch Triangles
Adding a little sugar and spice to yuletide is as easy as this recipe. For delivery, wrap the treats in red and green cellophane and stack in a tin or a trimmed-up gift bag.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 12 whole cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Arrange graham crackers in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking, without stirring, for 3 minutes. Slowly pour over crackers.
- Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely. Cut into 2-in. squares, then cut each square in half to form triangles. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 146 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Crunch Triangles in Country Woman Christmas 2000