VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, egg yolks and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into fourths. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle.
- Whisk egg whites and water; brush over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1/4 cup in a small bowl. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over the dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges.
- Roll up each wedge from the wide end; roll in reserved cinnamon-sugar. Place point side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 cookies.
Originally published as Cinnamon Crescent Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p76
Reviews forCinnamon Crescent Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2012
"My mom made a version of these except she always added chopped walnuts."