Cinnamon Cran-Applesauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 medium Rome Beauty apple, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in apples; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring several times. Stir in cranberries; cook and stir for about 8 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until apples are tender, stirring several times.
- 2. Add cinnamon, ginger and lemon peel. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Remove from the hear; mash until mixture reaches desired consistency. Yield: 6 servings.
1/3 cup: 126 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Cinnamon Cran-Applesauce
"We enjoyed this for Thanksgiving as a change from our usual cranberry sauce recipe. We especially liked the added flavor that the ginger and lemon peel gave to it."