Cinnamon Coffee Ring Recipe
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 2. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Combine the cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing form pan to a wire rack. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 566 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Ring
"It is a good recipe, but it was way too dry even though I was careful not to overbake....so I made some changes. I used all brown sugar for both the cake and the swirl. I also added 4 tbsp of melted butter to the swirl and added more nuts, about 3/4 cup total instead of 1/2 cup. With these changes, it is now a 5-star cake. In my oven, 60 minutes was just right so make sure and check at 55-60 minutes depending on your oven. Do not overbake unless you like dry cake."
"This is great!!! I made it for my husband to take to work one Saturday morning. The crew he works with build transmissions and they also build up some appetites! They sang praises over this coffee cake...said it was the best they'd ever had..and several asked for copies of the recipe to take home! What a hit!"