Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 340 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 6, 2019
I used a bunt cake pan instead of a 'tube pan' (not sure what that is), and it took 70 minutes in case anyone else is trying to do the same. Turned out great! It truly tastes delicious.
May 11, 2019
The cake looks yummy, would love to try, however the England advertising is right over ingredients list. No X to get it off. How do I view the ingredients ? Directions are there and first 3 ingredients
Apr 20, 2019
So I gave this recipe 5 stars even though I haven’t even sliced off a piece (which, trust me, if you knew me you’d be impressed by that) because this is going to the neighbors for Easter brunch. The batter tasted delicious (see, I told you!), it smelled amazing while baking, and the finished product looks impressive. I did make 1 slight change. Instead of white sugar for the cinnamon/walnut/sugar layers, I substituted light brown sugar. I can’t WAIT until tomorrow!!!
Apr 13, 2019
How do you make this overnight? I don't see anything in the directions indicating where to stop for overnight.
Apr 13, 2019
This moist coffee cake was a hit at the brunch potluck! I baked it in a 9x13 pan and made just two layers of cake/cinnamon sugar. Also omitted the nuts due to allergies.
Apr 11, 2019
I love this recipe. How do you make it overnight?
Apr 10, 2019
Very moist and cinnamony! I substituted brown sugar for the white sugar in the portion of cinnamon, nuts and sugar. I also added a cup of frozen mixed berries to one batch I made. Family just raved about it! I’ll try it next adding fresh blueberries.
Dec 30, 2017
This coffee cake is insanely good!
Oct 4, 2017
Cake was undercooked according to instructions. Then very dry when checking a coupe of minutes at a time. Taste was so-so.
Sep 8, 2017
I served this to company & they all wanted the recipe. It was a hit!