- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg; beat well. Beat in coffee. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Spread into a well-greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a glaze consistency. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCinnamon Coffee Bars
"Very moist and tastes so good."
"Very good bars. I used coffee in the icing instead of milk...was very good!"