- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Transfer to a heat-proof measuring cup. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour sauce over ice cream; top with walnuts. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Rewarm in a microwave before using. Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
Reviews forCinnamon Chocolate Sundaes
"This sauce is sooo good. The only problem with it is that it makes store-bought ice cream seem so lame in comparison. When I made it for company we ended up eating the sauce and leaving the ice cream."
"Made this to take for dessert at a friend's house. It was a big hit and so yummy!"