Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
Makesabout 2 quarts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer of firm up in your refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with additional chips.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 243 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 20, 2015
I love this ice cream!! I used nutrasweet in place of the sugar and sugar-free chocolate syrup in place of the regular chocolate syrup for a lower carb ice cream.
May 7, 2011
This ice cream turned out so delicious! It was super easy to make and made the perfect end to our cinco de mayo meal.
May 2, 2011
I am always looking for easy ice cream recipes you can pop right into the machine and this is one of them! This is a delicious recipe, with a light chocolate cinnamon flavor. My kids love it! And it's also made with most things I usually have on hand.