I was first served this creamy, soft-set ice cream at a friend's house. A hint of cinnamon is the secret ingredient.—Gloria Heidner, Elk River, Minnesota
Recommended: 39 Healthy Snacks That Make Kids Happy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer of firm up in your refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with additional chips. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p198
Reviews forCinnamon Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 7, 2011
"This ice cream turned out so delicious! It was super easy to make and made the perfect end to our cinco de mayo meal."