Cinnamon Chocolate Angel Pie Recipe
Our Christmas dinner wouldn't be complete without a festive finale. I've served this satisfying pie for so many years that it's become a holiday tradition.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Combine sugar and cinnamon; gradually beat into egg whites, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Spread into the pastry shell. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool.
- 2. For filling, whisk egg yolks and water in a saucepan. Add chocolate chips; cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon (do not boil). Cool. Spread 3 tablespoons over meringue; set remainder aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream, sugar and cinnamon until stiff peaks form. Spread half over the chocolate layer. Fold reserved chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream; spread over top. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Refrigerate left overs. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 332 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Angel Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC