Cinnamon Chip Cookies
I've had this recipe for more than 40 years but can't recall its origin. Cinnamon, chocolate chips and orange peel pair nicely in these outstanding cookies. —Barbara Ehlers, Florence, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (dough will be very stiff).
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in egg whites, then in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased and floured baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 139 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cinnamon Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies