Cinnamon Caramel-Crunch Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 pounds)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth.
- Arrange a third of the apples in pastry shell; drizzle with a third of the caramel mixture. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 509 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2011
I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.t. Thanks.http://www.parislimousineorlando.com/port-canaveral-shuttle.html