Cinnamon Caramel-Crunch Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 pounds)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth.
- Arrange a third of the apples in pastry shell; drizzle with a third of the caramel mixture. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 509 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 26, 2011
I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.t. Thanks.http://www.parislimousineorlando.com/port-canaveral-shuttle.html
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.