With a yummy cinnamon-raisin flavor and a drizzle of vanilla glaze, these tender sweet rolls are a real taste treat. Susan Corpman of Newhall, Iowa shared the recipe.
Recommended: 30 Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Roll Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm fat-free milk (110° to 115°), divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm milk. Add the oil, sugar, salt, 1-1/2 cups flour and remaining milk. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Carefully spread corn syrup over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over corn syrup. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with along side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. For glaze, in a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cinnamon buns. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Buns in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p43