Cinnamon Brownie Bars
No frosting is needed on top of these chewy, fudge-like brownies. This nice, basic bar has a burst of cinnamon in every bite. —Christopher Wolf, Belvidere, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and coffee until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 176 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Brownies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.