Cinnamon Brownie Bars
No frosting is needed on top of these chewy, fudge-like brownies. This nice, basic bar has a burst of cinnamon in every bite. —Christopher Wolf, Belvidere, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and coffee until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 176 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cinnamon Brownies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001