Cinnamon Bread Shapes
This four ingredient treats rely on convenient refrigerated breadstick dough and feature a tasty topping. After the dough is dipped in a mixture of pecans, sugar and cinnamon, it can be tied in simple knots, coiled like cinnamon rolls or twisted into a variety of fun shapes. Then simply pop them in the oven until golden.—Maureen Dongoski, Petersburg, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and cinnamon. Separate breadsticks; coat with pecan mixture. Shape as desired.
- Place on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 103 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Bread Shapes in Quick Cooking September/October 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.