This four ingredient treats rely on convenient refrigerated breadstick dough and feature a tasty topping. After the dough is dipped in a mixture of pecans, sugar and cinnamon, it can be tied in simple knots, coiled like cinnamon rolls or twisted into a variety of fun shapes. Then simply pop them in the oven until golden.—Maureen Dongoski, Petersburg, West Virginia
Recommended: 14 Easter Bunny-Shaped Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and cinnamon. Separate breadsticks; coat with pecan mixture. Shape as desired.
- Place on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Bread Shapes in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p20