- 24 slices soft white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and yolks. Spread on bread; roll up, jelly-roll style.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Lightly dip rolls in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCinnamon Bread Rolls
"I had prepared this recipe quite some time ago & have jotted down my adjustments for this recipe! I'd taken these rolls to a womens' meeting at our chapel-this is going back quite some time ago! I used 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 TO 2 8-oz. packages of softened cream cheese! I did use the 2 egg yolks! For cinnamon-sugar, I mix up 3 Tbsp. ground cinnamon with 1 cup granulated sugar together and I place it in an airtight container for whenever I need to use cinnamon-sugar! I used 1/2 cup granulated sugar for the cream cheese spread and 1 cup cinnamon-sugar for dipping the bread rolls. I used 1 TO 1-1/2 cups butter or margarine, melted-this is a discernment call for me, anyway! I greased baking sheets and baked 15 to 20 minutes at 375o F. Thank you for this recipe! I admit that when I'd made these rolls, I'd sampled quite a few! They were THAT tasty! The women at the meeting liked them very much, also! delowenstein"