Cinnamon and vanilla take center stage in this no-fuss syrup from Alberta McKay. "Most people rave about it," shares the Barlesvile, Oklahoma cook. "Try it warm over pancakes or even crepes."
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Gradually stir in water and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple Syrup in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p40
Reviews forCinnamon Apple Syrup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2012
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2011
"Not overly sweet like a traditional syrup; very flavorful. It thickens more upon standing."