THIS RECIPE came from my mother. It's a family favorite and one I took with me when I left home. The color complements the holiday season. It's very pretty when cut into squares and served on a lettuce-lined plate. I also like that I can fix it a day ahead of time, especially when preparing a big holiday meal. -Lisa Andis, Morristown, Indiana
Recommended: 52 Sweet and Savory Apple Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup red-hot candies
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- In a bowl, dissolve candies in water (reheat if necessary). Add gelatin; stir to dissolve. Stir in applesauce. Pour half into an 8-in. square pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Cover and set remaining gelatin mixture aside at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, pecans and celery; spread over chilled gelatin mixture. Carefully pour remaining gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple Salad in Reminisce November/December 1998, p45
Reviews forCinnamon Apple Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2012
"Made this for years. My picky husband loves it."