Cinnamon Apple Crisp
One of the desserts I always make when everyone comes home for Christmas is this scrumptious crisp. We enjoy the brown sugar, cinnamon, walnut and graham cracker topping better than the traditional oat-topped version.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 10 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and red-hots. Pour water over apples.
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until apples are tender.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple Crisp in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.