I use the cold-weather staples cinnamon and apple cider to turn plain cinnamon rolls into monkey bread. It’s a hit with my boys, who love the sticky sweetness. —Kelly Walsh, Aviston, Illinois
Featured In: 45 Breads That Will Inspire You to Bake This Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 envelopes (.74 ounce each) instant spiced cider mix
- 3 tubes (12.4 ounces each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cider mixes. Separate cinnamon rolls, setting aside icings; cut each roll into quarters. Add to cider mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange a third of the dough pieces in a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with half of the apples and half of the pecans. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining dough.
- Mix melted butter, cinnamon and icing from one container until blended. Drizzle over top of rolls. Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. (If needed, cover top loosely with foil during last 5 minutes to prevent overbrowning.)
- Immediately invert monkey bread onto a serving plate; keep pan inverted 10 minutes, allowing bread to release. Remove pan. Meanwhile, microwave remaining icing, uncovered, until softened, about 10 seconds. Drizzle over monkey bread. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Apple Cider Monkey Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p107
Reviews forCinnamon Apple Cider Monkey Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2017
"This sounds delicious and I'll look forward to making it when our Thanksgiving company arrives."