Cindy’s French Silk Pie
At gatherings certain desserts are often expected. This is my family's favorite dessert. It is the prefect end to the meal.—Cindy Evanoff, Louisville, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine eggs and sugar until blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm (about 90°), stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cocoa until blended. Add the cooled sugar mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes. Spread evenly into crust. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.