- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets; brush with 1/4 cup oil. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining oil. Stir in tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon scant 1 tablespoon tomato mixture onto each slice of bread. Top with cheese. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forCilantro Tomato Bruschetta
"Love love love we will do this again"
"Supper simple to make & tasted great. I had no leftovers :("
"Delicious flavor from the balsamic vinegar and very simple to prepare."
"Yummy! I didn't add the onion, and added abit more vinegar and salt, and served it on baguette with olives baked in it. So fresh and summery...."
"A great recipe: I added a little garlic butter to the bread, Yum - O_"