- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked large shrimp, tails removed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Lime wedges, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, zucchini, red pepper and pepper flakes; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in rice, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice and salt. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCilantro Shrimp & Rice
"This dish was not tasty enough to make very often. It will do if you have the ingredients and need to use them."
"East to make but lacking in flavor. We ate it but threw the leftovers in the trash."
"This was so delish and easy. Made it tonight and will be making it again. Not a big zucchini fan, so left that out. Next time I might add a green pepper."
"Very good and very easy to make. Love the pepper flakes and the lime. Thanks for a great recipe."
"Awesome dish...loved the hint of lime taste to it!"
"I decided to try this because I had some leftover cilantro. It was tasty and came together in about 20 minutes, though for the record, it was a busy 20 minutes. My picky eater also enjoyed it."
"Very delicious, although I recommend you go easy on the red pepper flakes unless you like your dishes spicy."