Cilantro Pesto Pizza
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 10 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- CILANTRO PESTO:
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray counter or surface lightly with cooking spray. Combine rolls to form a ball. Roll into a 13-in. circle. Transfer dough to a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly.
- Poke holes in crust with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. Meanwhile combine all pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender; cover and process until well blended. Spread pesto evenly over cooled crust.
- Combine chicken and taco seasoning; mix well. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until juices run clear. Top pesto with chicken, cheese, tomato and green onions. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
Originally published as Cilantro Pesto Pizza in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Fall 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.