This flavorful recipe is one of the ways I came up with to use all the cilantro in my garden. Serve it with pasta, tortilla chips for dipping or in any dish that needs perking up. —Ami Okasinski, Memphis, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, toasted
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse just until chopped. Add the lime and lemon juices and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 82 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cialtro Pepita Pesto in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.