Cilantro-Lime Sweet Corn
Our home economists give Southwestern flavor to corn on the cob with cilantro and lime juice.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 8 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Soak the corn in cold water for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup butter, cilantro, lime zest, salt, 1 teaspoon lime juice and garlic powder; set aside.
- Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Spread each ear of corn with butter mixture. Rewrap corn husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining butter; stir in remaining lime juice. Cut string and peel back husks. Brush corn with butter mixture.