As a working mom and home cook, I strive to serve fabulous, flavor-packed dinners that make my family smile, like this tasty cilantro-lime chicken. There is nothing more awesome than a slow-cooker recipe that makes it seem as though you've been cooking in the kitchen all day! —Mari Smith, Ashburn, Virginia
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a 4 or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender; cover and process pureed. Pour over chicken.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°, 3-4 hours.
1 chicken thigh: 253 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC