Since this serves 12, I always make it for potlucks, and this salad is always appreciated. My 11 year old daughter liked it so much we served it at her birthday tea party.—Cindy Gifford, Cedar City, Utah
Featured In: 70 Summer Recipes to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- Prepare couscous according to package directions; let cool to room temperature.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro and couscous. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and garlic. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Add cheese and toss gently to combine. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Cilantro Couscous Salad in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p39