Cilantro Corn Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in cilantro and cumin; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 173 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 29, 2014
Tastes good as is.
Feb 28, 2011
A good recipe. I made a couple of substitutions to kick it up a notch. Added about 3 Tbsp of finely chopped Poblano pepper as I thought the recipe as written would be a bit bland. Also, used chopped purple onion to give it some color.
Sep 18, 2009
I used red pepper instead to give it some color and added little bit of black pepper. Delicious!!! It was definitely a hit at our dinner table. Even those who don't like corn, loved it. Plus, it's so quick and easy to prepare.~Natalia, NY
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.