Our family would eat Mexican food every day if we could, and this recipe is a favorite! Chicken breasts stay moist and tender topped with salsa, cilantro and cheese.—Juline Goelzer, Arroyo Grande, California
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the lime juice, oil and honey. Dip chicken in lime juice mixture, then coat with tortilla chips. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Combine salsa and cilantro; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p41
Reviews forCilantro Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review